Requisition Id : BCEJP00026232
Experience copywriting/editing for the Web, mobile platforms or applications & Understanding of SEO (search engine optimizati
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Editorial Services, the successful candidate will perform a multitude of editorial tasks.
We are looking for an energetic and creative person who combines strong copy editing experience in English, knowledge of HTML coding and an understanding of accessibility principles with excellent organizational skills and knowledge. This person should also be comfortable managing and coordinating the work of external writers and translators (agencies and/or freelancers), and may have to provide feedback on projects during group reviews. Project management skills and experience are also considered a very strong asset. So is fluency in written and spoken French.
Job duties include:
• Edit digital content aimed at Bell customers
? Shop section: promotions, offers, product offering, etc.
? Support section: troubleshooting, coverage, installation, etc.
? MyBell section: self serve, account/services management, billing, etc.
? Self-serve tools: troubleshooting, optimization, etc
? Other properties, e.g. mobile applications, microsites, etc.
o This generally includes proofreading/reviewing English copy and occasionally involves writing English copy from scratch, based on a brief.
• Make sure that digital copy communicates the right message to the right audience and allows crystal-clear digital communication in accordance with Bell’s branding rules (e.g., terminology, style, trademarks) and digital writing principles
• Ensure content quality on the English bell.ca website and other digital properties, as well as in newsletters and e-communications.
• If need be, localize content for specific Canadian markets
• Contribute to editorial QA as required (e.g., before a project/product launch)
• Liaise with other members of the editorial team, the bell.ca team in general and various stakeholders from other organizations within the company
Preferred Qualifications/Competencies :
• Impeccable English proofreading/writing skills
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to simultaneously manage daily, high-priority requests as well as long-term projects (actual project management skills/experience are considered strong assets). Ability to find quick solutions to problems/issues on short turnaround times.
• Writing/copy editing experience (newsroom, magazines, newspapers, Web site or with an advertising or marketing agency)
• Experience copywriting/editing for the Web, mobile platforms or applications
• Understanding of SEO (search engine optimization) principles; ability to apply them when editing copy
• Understanding of usability principles; ability to apply them when editing copy
• Understanding of accessibility principles; ability to apply them when editing copy
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to manage relationships with internal clients and external suppliers
• Strong knowledge of Canadian and Quebec markets
• Experience/ability writing marketing, product-related, or advertising copy with a creative flair
• Experience/ability writing support and self serve content (or technical writing)
• Ability to constantly deliver projects on short deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
• Multi-tasking skills
• Knowledge of HTML, graphic editing (e.g. Photoshop)
• Knowledge of the Web (essential)
• University degree or college diploma in writing, translation, journalism, communications, literature, linguistics or related field
• Creativity; keenly attentive to detail; good team player; ability to work with little supervision; ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity (decision-making process); ability to deal with multiple rounds of approval and do-overs
• Strong focus on customer experience; be their advocate ability to tailor content to their needs
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as copywriter or journalist. Experience in translation (French to English)
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-changing environment
• Being a strong team player and very results-oriented
• Qualifications/competencies considered strong assets:
o Project management skills and experience
o Bilingualism (English and French)
o Good French proofreading/writing skills
o Good translation skills from French to English
CDG ISO 14001:2004
Callas/Fort with Minority Supplier Development Council
NCTRCA Minority Buiseness Enterprise Certification
CDG OHSAS 18001:2007
Graham Bell Innovation
Huawei Gold Partner
Fastest Growing Fastest