Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g. IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11)
Bell is looking for an experienced network analyst within the IT Operations & Infrastructure team. The purpose of this role is to implement several security and network related projects as well as support the corporate network. Expertise with Fortinet & Cisco Firewalls, support of Cisco & Juniper network switches; and experience providing Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and troubleshoot Fortinet firewall technology
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches)
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including IOS updates, service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure team
- Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Produce documentation for existing network infrastructure in addition to network project deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in writing documentation; experience in tracking problems and issues towards successful completion
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Proven hands-on network administration experience
- Fortinet and FireEye security technology
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g. IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11)
- Understanding and experience working VLAN, QOS, NTP, and ACL’s
- Excellent understanding, planning, and experience in public and private IP classes and subnetting
- Experience in upgrading Cisco IOS firmware and recovering IOS image
- Experience in documenting, monitoring, backing up and restoring Cisco configurations
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent