We are currently looking for an Intermediate Python developer who’s not afraid of Infra and System Administration. Taking Project Increments through, planning, coding, building, testing, release, deployments, operation and monitoring. Working with the latest technologies like Kafka, Nifi, Neo4J, MongoDB, GitLab, Elastic, Logstash, Ansible, OpenShift and Kubernetes but also building in-house solution in Java.
- Collaborate with IT staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Design, develop and deploy new applications as well as improvements to existing applications, software and operating systems.
- Perform applications testing and debugging.
- Work with Application Architect to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Understanding of concepts and components of managed support architectures.
- Play a key role in a team-based, enterprise-class managed support service delivery to Bell clients.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues and develop solutions for customers while gaining an understanding of their business needs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Python development.
- Experience in the administration of Unix/Linux systems, including networking knowledge.
- Interest in exploring new technologies and solutions.
- Expertise in several of the technologies listed below: Elastic, Logstash.
- Knowledge of containerization platforms and cloud computing such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Google Cloud, Amazon Cloud.
- Knowledge in virtualization technologies, protocols, and orchestration.
- Knowledge/Experience with Messaging systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Knowledge/Experience with CI/CD Pipelines (building and maintaining pipelines)
- Knowledge/Experience with REST/SOAP APIs (producing and consuming)
- Knowledge/Experience with Multi-Threaded Programming (locking, scheduling, non-blocking, etc)
- Knowledge/Experience with Troubleshooting (JVM Profiler, Thread dump analysis, Python profiler)
- Be able to learn and react quickly when facing new problems.
- Be able to meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks and projects and switch between them quickly.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Located in Canada.